From: Paul Stenquist
The K7 is a nice camera in terms of build and ergonomics, but it's a
noisy beast -- no better than the K20 and probably not as good as the
K10. The K5, on the other hand, is by far the best of the Pentax
breed. You won't have any trouble convincing the rest of us that the
K7 is noisy.

That's odd.

Not disagreeing, since I don't have a K-7 to compare, but I remember when the K-7 came out that it was praised for the improvement made in camera noise reduction over the K20D.