On Aug 24, 2011, at 17:59, Tom Cakalic wrote:

> I attempted a series of 10 10-sec exposures @ ISO 800 last night with
> the K-7. Ambient temperature around 60 degrees F. I had noise
> reduction turned off. The camera had been operating for < 3 minutes
> before starting.
>
> First the camera gave up taking the shots after 5 exposures because I
> only allowed a 1-sec interval between shots. However I was mortified
> at the amount of noise present, which was totally out of line with
> examples seen on dpreview. I'll try again tonight with NR on.
>
> Thoughts?

Shoot in RAW, and the Adobe RAW conversion tools (such as what imports the
images into LightRoom - not sure if you use that) will remove all of them hot
pixels for you without any need to fool around with filters and whatnot.  I
shoot 2-hour-long concerts at ISO 1250 and when editing I only have to worry
about exposure/focus and the bright shiny hot pixels all go away automatically.

 -Charles

--
Charles Robinson - charl...@visi.com
Minneapolis, MN