> Shoot in RAW, and the Adobe RAW conversion tools (such as what imports the
> images into LightRoom - not sure if you use that) will remove all of them >
> hot pixels for you without any need to fool around with filters and whatnot.
> I shoot 2-hour-long concerts at ISO 1250 and when editing I only have to >
> worry about exposure/focus and the bright shiny hot pixels all go away
> automatically.
>
>  -Charles

I was shooting RAW mode and importing into ACR/CS5, then converting to
.TIFF with no noise reduction.

My largest question was really, how much MAY/MIGHT length of exposure
and the camera being in a continuous 'power-on' state affect noise
levels and how will that differ from noise level tests like on
dpreview?

I had taken 5 10-second shots and stacked them and was shocked at how
much noise was visible. Granted it will be 5x the amount of noise in
one shot, but the results were basically unusable and it was noise on
a black background, so extremely visible. I know I could have a done a
dark frame subtraction... it was just surprising to see the noise
level.

As far as why the camera did not take the 10 shots as instructed with
the intervalometer, and only took 5, I assume it's as the manual
states 'if the interval setting is too short and the previous image
processing cannot be completed before taking the next picture, no
picture may be taken'.