On 11-08-25 1:58 PM, Larry Colen wrote:
My point was that if there is a lens that Nikon makes, say a 24-105 f/2.8, or an 80-200 f/2.8 that Pentax doesn't, and you need that lens, then rather than giving up on Pentax, buy that lens, and a body to use it with.

Yeah, I kinda missed that point 1st time through. ;-)

But still, if I had the money for a Nikon mid-pro body, I'd actually have bought a K-5 by now.

You don't need every lens for that body, you just need a body for the lenses that you have. Again, I was also talking more in the context of a professional photographer.

Yes, this plan would likely make the most sense to a working pro. And in fact I think more than a few of them are implementing it as you suggest.

-bmw