On 2011-08-27 09:12 , P. J. Alling wrote:
On 8/25/2011 5:40 PM, Bob W wrote:

what the fuck is arugula?

Hoyty toyty lettuce, that incidentally tastes bad enough that children won't
eat it. An acquired taste that unlike beer doesn't even get you drunk.

heh, i think most greens except for vapid iceberg lettuce are an acquired taste to populations that are overfed

is it hoyty toyty these days to grow your own? for years we've grown several greens -- arugula, assorted lettuce, mustard, spinach, tatsoi, kale, beets -- and our farm share sends us more -- collards, chard, amaranth, bok choi, dandelion -- and i'd have to say arugula is my favorite raw green; along with the lettuce, it tends to reseed and come up early, so arugula is the herald of our fresh food season