On 2011-09-03 13:01 , Eric Weir wrote:

On Aug 27, 2011, at 1:19 PM, steve harley wrote:

arugula is my favorite raw green

If you tried to eat collards raw, I can see why you wouldn't care for them.
They need to be cooked. A long time.

no i didn't try that -- i didn't mean to imply in the lost context that i eat all my greens raw

but cooking for a really long time is not something we do much, especially midsummer when the collards arrive from our farm share (we don't air condition our house), so perhaps there is something about collards we've missed; in comparison, arugula seems so easy ...