On Oct 21, 2011, at 1:37 PM, Larry Colen wrote:

> I suspect that photography is an art from that attracts people who like
> things mechanical.  Maybe it's just the high percentage of Y chromosomes, or
> maybe something about photography attracts gear heads.  Walt's recent post
> has prompted several people to talk about their bikes, but I bet almost every
> one on this list has a camera, and most of you know how to use it.  So, how
> about posting photos of your bikes?
>
> I suspect that there are some interesting ones owned by the members of the
> PDML.
>
> --
> Larry Colen l...@red4est.com sent from i4est

My frame is a Bob Jackson custom-built back in the mid-80's.  Reynolds 531c
tubing. Ordered at the factory in Leeds, shipped to friends in London who held
it for me until my next trip, then carried back to the States. Over that winter
I ordered and installed the components (mostly now obsolete Suntour, some
Campy); I did have a bike-shop friend thread the wheels for me. Frame geometry
and components designed to be responsive yet comfortable, sort of a cross
between a crit bike and a touring bike. With extra braze-ons to accommodate
multiple water-bottle cages, but no panniers. I used it for commuting (25 miles
each way, country roads mostly), training rides, centuries, double-centruries,
Bike Across Missouri, Paris-Brest-Paris, and some weekend tours of the style
where you carry little extra beyond a credit card. The purchase seemed mildly
extravagant at the time, but many years and many thousands of miles later it
still puts a smile on my face on those rare occasions when I ride it.

http://smhalpin.posterous.com/

stan