Thanks, Paul.  Yesterday--that is Sunday--I had a worrisome feeling about the
iPad.  I thought maybe I shouldn't have purchased it even though I gave careful
thought to how I expected to  use it.

Then today during a free moment,  I started working with iCal, and it is great.
 I quickly logged in all my meetings and appointments to iCal--and I can read
it easily.  My handwriting has gotten so bad (and it was never great to begin
with), but now I can read everything so easily, and  I love that I can add
extend notes.

Then I attended a meeting today. Because I had set up a bunch of meeting notes
related to various committees I'm on via the Notes app, I had all those notes
at my finger tips, and because I had the notes separated by committees, I could
quickly access them and add to them during today's meeting.  It was great!  I
would have had to bring several file folders to do this--then try to decipher
my handwriting.  Also, using the iPad in landscape orientation and using the
triangle stand configuration of the smart cover, I was able to type my notes
during the meeting without any trouble whatsoever.  Wow!  It was so great.  I
was soooo sold on the iPad after this experience.  Now I'm worried I didn't by
the bigger sized iPad2.  Mine is the 16 gig, but I think I'll be ok.

And I love reading via the iPad.  My eyesight has gotten so bad, so it's great
that I enlarge the type size of a book I'm reading.  But also through the iBook
app I can save PDF files into my iBook library--often I get these as work
related email attachments, so I can read them later and don't have to print
them out.  This is really great.  I hate reading large texts at the desktop.

The iPad2 will serve as a communication tool for sure, but I'm not going to use
it for social media--that's on my phone--no need to duplicate.

I will also be investigating educational apps quite soon.  I'll might
experiment with the app that allows you to write on the iPad with a stylus.  Of
course, like I said, my handwriting is bad, so that may not be as useful.  I
have no problems typing with the virtual keyboard.

So, like I said, I'm pretty sold on the iPad as I type.  Cheers, Christine

Then today I had a meeting to attend.