On 11/21/2011 13:02, steve harley wrote:
on 2011-11-21 09:54 Bob Sullivan wrote
Steve,
Is there something yoou want to tell us about?

hmm, not in the way you're suggesting ... in addition to waiting for the
first hard freeze (we still have phlox, gazanias, mums and mallow
blooming, as well as arugula and spinach ready to eat), i've been
looking at a lot of art lately: in addition to the Roberta Price show i
mentioned earlier, the Clyfford Still Museum opened in Denver Friday,
and put me in a mood for deep meanings; also checked out the very
non-abstract _Hard Ground_ from the library — Tom Waits' poems aren't
that strong, but the portraits are cause for reflection

<http://pentagram.com/en/new/2011/01/new-work-hard-ground.php>

Oh that kind of photography just sticks in my craw - totally demeaning
to the subjects and so much more about the photographers artyfarty style than the people. I can't see the poems, but I always liked
Tom Waits' lyrics ("The Piano was Drinking" , comes immediately to mind)

ann