on 2011-11-21 15:57 Ann Sanfedele wrote

On 11/21/2011 13:02, steve harley wrote:
<http://pentagram.com/en/new/2011/01/new-work-hard-ground.php>

Oh that kind of photography just sticks in my craw - totally demeaning
to the subjects and so much more about the photographers artyfarty style than
the people.

i think that i started to react that way, but looking past the style, it seems like the photographer engaged with these people and tried to find their beauty and personality (often succeeding); compared to grab shots of people on the street, i find these photos respectful

I can't see the poems,but I always liked
Tom Waits' lyrics ("The Piano was Drinking" , comes immediately to mind)

i like Tom Waits in song, but his poetry in this book disappointed me