On Monday, November 21, 2011 9:31 AM, "steve harley"
> on 2011-11-21 05:08 Brian Walters wrote
> > This is the main railway line north - taken at Marla in the South
> > Australian outback just after sunset.
> >
> > http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1370864/PESO/slides/_IGP2215a-peso.html
>
> i've enjoyed the other photos as documents of an interesting place; this
> one,
> with its intensity of color and radial image, leads me to a contemplative
> metaphor of detachment and the journey toward death

Thanks Steve.  If I ever put on an exhibition, I'll ask you to write the
captions.....

Of course, I've I'd remained in that place for too long, death may well
have been a reality.

Thanks also Bob, Keith, Frank, Ann, Dave.

Ann - I know what you mean about the over saturated look - it was in my
mind when I posted the image.  Those straw coloured grasses do exhibit a
golden glow in the low-angled sunlight (despite what I said in the
posting, the sun hadn't quite gone below the horizon).  I'll look at
toning the gold down just a tad.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters