From: Paul Stenquist <pnstenqu...@comcast.net>
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Saturday, November 26, 2011 5:02 AM
Subject: Re: Giving and taking criticism

On Nov 26, 2011, at 3:16 AM, Christine Aguila wrote:

> I agree with Rick and Brian.  And I agree with Ken.  Everyone on the PDML is
> capable of giving frank and respectful critique.  Everyone has the rhetorical
> skills and the photographic technical skills.  I wasn't on the list when the
> situation Bill refers to took place, but I just can't recall a time when
> anyone came rhetorically close to repeating that situation since I've been on
> the list, yet there have been plenty of times PDMLers received helpful
> critique, and I've benefited from it.  Like Larry, I find it helpful when
> reading the critiques of other people's work.  Like Brian has said, "Can't we
> just move on?"

Of course. And I think we have. I only referred to the situation Bill
mentioned, because the overall negative reaction to that particular critique of
so many years ago was justified. I think our discussions of posted photos are
appropriate for this type of list. Tips are frequently offered and questions
are raised. When no one comments on a photo I've posted, I count that as a
statement in itself: BORING!