On Sunday, November 27, 2011 1:22 PM, "Larry Colen" <l...@red4est.com>
wrote:

> On Nov 27, 2011, at 1:19 PM, P. J. Alling wrote:
>
> > AFAIK the PUG has never had any official connection to Pentax, it's always
> > been a function of the members of the group.  The List was once a function
> > of Pentax but is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Brewer Productions.
> >

> Ah, OK.    So, that still leaves open the question, what is the purpose
> of the PUG?  Who is the intended audience?

As far as I know, the intended audience is us, but that doesn't mean
that it can't be shared more widely.

The PUG started in pre-digital days when the ability to share photos
online wasn't as trivial as it is now and, to some extent, the
widespread uses of PESOs and GESOs has taken over part of its role.  But
a themed gallery combining the talents of members is still a nice
feature of the list, IMO.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters