On 11/28/11 10:49 PM, Mark C wrote:
/
/I don't know what ever happened to him, but a grand PDML'er named Shel
Belinkoff once posted that we all talk about photos but never actually
share them and suggested that we post a picture every so often - and
thus was born the PESO, GESO, etc tradition. His comment sparked a
fantastic change to the list, back when. Shel used to also diss on
nature photography, often commentating that the greatest technical skill
that nature photographers achieved was using a long exposure to blur
moving water. He used to piss me off but I miss him - does anyone knoe
what he is up to these days?

Pretty sure it was our Cory Waters that spawned PESO. Don't know what happened to Shel, though.

As far as the PUG goes - it did arise in the days when it was hard to
get your photos on line. I was the third (? I think) pugmeister back in
the early 00's and it truly was a vehicle to help people get their work
online. KomKon was enormously generous to give us bandwidth and a
platform back then, then it was really not cheap to get your own website
and public forums like flicker were still a glint in the internet's eye.

I guess nobody read the foreword to the most recent PDML book. It described the early days of the PUG accurately, if not factually.

Best as I recall, it was, in PUGMeister chronological order: Me, Steve G., Me, then you.

Mark C