On 12/3/2011 11:54 PM, Brian Walters wrote:
On Thursday, December 01, 2011 9:55 PM, "Larry Colen"<l...@red4est.com>
wrote:

I realized that I was driving past the trailer this evening right about
dusk, and had another go at it, keeping some of the suggestions in mind.
The first few were shot with the DA40, the others with the DFA 50 macro.
  I was amused to think that I was photographing a thirty foot long
trailer with a macro lens.  I think some of these shots are better than
Tuesday's attempt.

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157628242980457/

I think the detail shots in this set are better than the first set but
the overall shot of the van doesn't do much for me.  I think it's going
to be a challenge to turn that subject into something 'artistic'.

Yeah, sometimes things are neither pretty, nor ugly, enough to make a good photo. I find myself going for detail shots a lot, because I find it easier to get a detail shot with just interesting stuff, than trying to make everything in a wider field of view worth photographing.

35386.jpg, 35387.jpg, 35390.jpg, 35398.jpg are all excellent.

Thanks.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters