From: Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com>
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2011 10:03 PM
Subject: putting those feedback skills to use

On my way home from what I'll euphemistically call lunch, it was lunch, perhaps
food is the euphemism, I noticed an old trailer parked in the back of what used
to be an RV lot in Scotts Valley.  It may be older than I, was probably quite
the item when new, but now seems even more decrepit than I.  In other words, a
photo opportunity that I couldn't resist. There is something that I find
strangely compelling about photographing things that have decayed from their
past glory.

Now that I've had a chance to look at the photos, I'm a bit disappointed.  I
got a few nice ones, but none as nice as they looked through the viewfinder.
So, I'm actively soliciting feedback on what I should have done. Six photos,
two of the trailer, four detail shots.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157628213959037/
or
http://www.flickriver.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157628213959037/

As an aside, due to a complete brainfart, the first photo I took was, according
to the camera, five stops underexposed at ISO 80.  I hit auto tone on the
nearly black image in lightroom, and a surprisingly clean photo appeared.
Artistically, it was dreck, but for a photo shot at 1/4000 sec rather than
1/60, it was very sharp and noise free dreck.