The DR of film cured many ills, at least if you didn't shoot slides.
I generally rely now on AE in reasonable light, but switch to manual
and the histogram otherwise.  Of course, that's often simply making
the best of a bad situation.  As for viewfinders, all I have to do it
pick up my old SP500 to remind myself of that downhill trend.  I swear
I hung on to the 645 all those years just so I could look through it
and sigh ;-)

--
Steve Desjardins