From: David Mann

On Feb 24, 2012, at 6:57 PM, Anthony Farr wrote:

If you know that you need latex gloves then you should wear them,
no arguments.

For your own skin I'd agree but bear in mind that they won't help the
camera unless you keep taking the gloves off to handle the camera.

I'd be tempted to put a plastic bag over the camera with the lens
poking through but it'd be a real pain to operate the thumbwheels
that way.  Assuming the bag is made of a plastic that's impervious to
the substances involved...

I believe he's shooting a fixed table-top setup where he has constant light, the only variable being the part that's in the frame. By now he's probably got the exposure pretty much dialed in and doesn't require a lot of manipulation of the thumb-wheels.

If the bag's clear plastic, he can use the IR remote to trip the shutter.