On 24 February 2012 22:31, John Sessoms <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com> wrote:

> If I understand the problem, handling the greasy parts and then trying to
> use the camera is transferring transmission fluid & other lubricants to the
> camera.
>
> Wearing the gloves whenever he's handling the parts is probably a good idea
> as far as protecting Collin from the effects of chemical contact, but I
> think hand cleaner and paper towels might be exactly what he needs to do the
> trick for keeping the chemicals from transferring from his hands to the
> camera.

If Collin was to handle the oily parts with some kind of hand
protection, then he won't need frequent hand washing.  Gloves/mitts
~and~ handwashing is rather a belt & braces solution to the problem.
Only one precaution should be needed, but I stand by my opinion that
he shouldn't repeatedly expose his hands to transmission fluid even if
he washes up every time.

I wonder what his situation is with backgrounds.  Is he scrapping a
measure of paper for every setup, or is he using polycarbonate that
needs a cleanup every time?  Collin?

regards, Anthony

   "Of what use is lens and light
    to those who lack in mind and sight"