Your biggest problem will be getting the colors in the prints to come close enough to the colors in the painting, The sensor will be out of gamut. The second will be glare off the paints which will can be a bitch to remove. There are all kinds of methods none will work in every instance. You know I hate to recommend this but you should find a book on copy photography. There are a few out there and the Resolution? The first time I did this digitally it was with the *ist D. So a larger format camera than the k-5 is probably not necessary unless your client want's larger than life size prints. Rights, this is work for hire, you don't have any rights. You can probably insist on getting limited rights for yourself to show off as samples of your work. Somewhere I have a sample contract, though I don't know where it is. I work these on a handshake basis. I have no particular wish to claim anyone else' work as my own so it's easy not to violate. I find most artists don't want paperwork, it can lead to taxes.