From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Bob
Sullivan
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 10:31 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Mr. Bunnell on lens pricing...

Christine,
Thanks for posting this.
So Pentax,USA is going to force B&H to charge full Manufacturer's
Suggested Retail Price on the internet.  And this price umbrella will
support our local Brick & Mortar shops profits???  30+ years ago, long
before the internet, folks read photo magazine adds and telephoned B&H
because of their pricing.  The manufacturers gave the big retailers
volume discounts off retail price.  The local guys could never get
that because they didn't have the volume.  Now some 30 years later we
are going to unwind this?  Good Luck!  There are no local Brick &
Mortar shops to sell thru... except maybe that one profit center in
Regina, Saskatchewan.  :-)
Regards,  Bob S.

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 8:40 AM, Christine Nielsen <ch...@inielsen.net>
wrote: