Pentax would actually have to respond to stores that want to carry them for this to even marginally work. The last "local" and by local I mean less than 25 miles away from where I sit, if you can call that local, full service, camera store tells me that they stopped carrying Pentax because after the last good sales rep retired, their calls went unanswered.