I suspect that few mfrs. offer many products at a loss at the incremental unit
production cost level.  However, IMHO it is likely that in some instances they do
not recover development costs on some "pro" models.  Thus any major increase in
volume for whatever reason is actually a benefit not a problem, even though over
all a program may not by itself be profitable.

Otis