You can always watch the transit here:

June 5: Venus Crosses the Sun

On next Tuesday, June 5, from noon to almost 7 pm HST, Venus will
cross the Sun for the last transit until the year 2117. It's the final
time anyone alive today will have a chance to see this rare
astronomical event and the Island of Hawai'i is one of the best places
on Earth to view it. Keck Observatory is hosting a complete live
webcast of the event from the Keck I Telescope control room on the
summit of Mauna Kea. Watch the webcast at
http://keckobservatory.org/news/venus_transit_live_keck_observatory.

Meanwhile, we'll also be setting up solar telescopes and showing the
webcast on a large screen at our headquarters in the more temperate
and accessible Waimea-Kamuela. So wherever you are, you can be part of
the historic Transit of Venus. This and other locations islandwide for
safely viewing the transit can be found at the Mauna Kea Visitor
Information Station website.
Two Big Astrophysics Prizes Announced

Two major astronomy prizes were announced this week going to
scientists affiliated with Keck Observatory for their discoveries of
objects beyond the orbit of Neptune – in what’s called the Kuiper
Belt. UCLA’s David Jewitt and Jane Luu of MIT’s Lincoln Laboratories,
have been awarded the prestigious Shaw Prize.

The same scientists, along with Caltech’s Mike Brown, were also
awarded the Kavli Prize for Astrophysics for that same work on the
nature of our solar system.

Mike Brown and David Jewitt have given outstanding talks for the Keck
Observatory in recent years. Their presentations are archived on our
website.

MARK YOUR CALENDAR: 7:00 pm, June 7, 2012
Keck Astronomy Talk: "Transits of Venus from Earth, Jupiter & Saturn:
Past, Present & Future."
By Dr. Jay Pasachoff, Williams College
Dan Matyola