Thunderbird started acting stupid a couple of days ago.

My Thunderbird layout:

Folder Pane | Thread Pane
      Message Pane

Folder Pane shows local folders - Usually has inbox selected

Thread Pane shows all the messages I've left in my Inbox (or whatever folder I have it focused on)

Message Pane is supposed to show the message I currently have selected

After I read an email message in Thunderbird I either drag it into a folder to save or click the delete button to move it to trash. If I delete it, I should get the next message waiting in my inbox and display it in the message pane.

In the last couple of days Thunderbird has started dropping the message, losing focus.

The message is still there in my inbox, still shows in the Thread Pane, but the message pane goes blank.

Anybody know why Thunderbird has started doing this?