From: steve harley

on 2012-07-25 13:09 John Sessoms wrote
What's started happening is the next message is briefly (couple of seconds?)
highlighted and then no messages are highlighted. The next message is still
there, but no message is selected.

i haven't seen that behavior at all but it does sound like something "active"
is happening when the next message is selected, so i'd ask if you have any
plug-ins installed; beyond that, i'd bet you'd find more info on the Mozilla
support forums ? the bug tracker is set up for developers, but is searchable

I've got extensions & plug-ins. There's a Java plug-in that's disabled because it's "known to cause security or stability issues". There's no uninstall button or I'd have already gotten rid of it.

I'll see if I can find the bug tracker.

I've just come to despise forums for support. I can understand it for Free-ware like Mozilla, but I'm having to deal with them for software I've paid for as well and that pisses me off.

That's why I posted OT to the list. I know I'll get more help and sooner.

I appreciate it.

i think you are on Windows, and i don't know my Win email clients that well,
but it seems Outlook can be switched to plain text; on the Mac, Mail can be
partially tweaked for plain-text, but it's awkward and Thunderbird gives me
other things (hierarchical threading, versatile plug-ins) that Mail doesn't have

Yeah, I'm on Windoze because I'm basically lazy. I can make it mostly work (defined as do it like I'm used to doing it) without having to make too much effort.

I had to use Outlook one time. Hated it. Swore I would NEVER use it again.

Thanks.