Hi,

Edward Kreis schrieb:

> You ARE mistaken, as the lens probably designed by Tamron is FA
> 28-105/4-5.6 [IF], but the question was about FA 28-105/3.2-4.5 AL [IF],
> that has design
> similar to the 24-90 and looks the same out. This lens is built better
> than 27-70/4 IMHO, all rings moves smoothly, AF is fast and not loud. But
> I can say nothing about its optical quality, as I have only playing with
> it in the shop.

I agree with Edward. The new SMC Pentax-FA 1:3.2-4.5 28-105mm IF&AL is a
very nice little lens. I have no idea, why the lens has been paid so little
attention yet. I bought the black version in November for 599DM (270$).
That is  half of what you would to have to pay for an FA24-90. For half
the price you loose 24mm focal length, but you gain 105mm. At 28mm the lens
is as small as the FA28-70/f4. It extends 4cm when zooming to 105mm.
Althougn the lens is much smaller and lighter than the 24-90, it offers the
same build quality and the same smooth operation (I tried them side by side
in the shop) which is better than that of the 28-70/f4. I do not use the
lens much, as I prefer to carry a bag full of primes, but the lens makes a
nice just-one-lens-combination with any MZ/ZX camera to make pictures at a
party or with sunny weather. So far the results have been sharp and
pleasing. Nice bokeh, no problems with flare. Some distortion at 28mm, even
more at 105mm. Naturally with IF auto focus is fast. I will be able to tell
more after evaluating the comparison pictures that I took a week ago with
some 85mm lenses and with this lens set to 85mm. However, this may take a
little while....

Arnold