On Aug 18, 2012, at 6:24 AM, Bob W <p...@web-options.com> wrote:

> I also read recently about a critic who was asked what she thought of the
> exhibition, and replied "I don't know - I haven't written my review yet".

The mother of a friend of ours is an artist and gets invited to a lot of
exhibition openings.  I'm told she rates them by how many glasses of wine she
has during the evening.  A "1" means it's pretty good as she's too occupied
with looking at the art to pay much attention to the drink.

For bad exhibitions she tends to mingle and chat instead so she'll get through
a few glasses.

Cheers,
Dave