Thanks, George.

I'll be sure to check out the rental option between now and then. I was hoping I might be able to buy a nice, older lens for a really cheap price -- maybe even get one on an old film body. I've got my eyes peeled for all kinds of opportunities. I'd much prefer to have one for keeps, but if that's not possible, then rental would be an obvious alternative.

-- Walt