>> Unless Ricoh/Pentax have been maintaining abnormally good secrecy and
>> threatening dire consequences to any 'leakers', it looks like it's not
>> going to happen - this September anyway.

There is another possibility, that I am starting to think might have
some credence. The leaks have been "hiding in plain sight" all along.
In other words, the PF "April Fools" joke was an unauthorized leak by
Pentax Forums, but they got away with it because they released it on
April 1 and then played it off as if it were a joke. That page
contains an "Update" that ends with " Despite this, we do hope to have
the pleasure of making this announcement for real at some point in the
near future!"
http://www.pentaxforums.com/news/pentax-k-3-announced.html

If you go back and look at the time line of the rumors, you'll find
that Tanya's info was right around the same time that others started
leaking more info about a FF K-3 (in June 2012). Part of the info at
that time stated that Sony and Pentax have an agreement that gives
Sony's A99 (a 24.3MP FF) 6 months lead time in the market. The A99 is
supposed to be officially announced on Sept. 12 and being sold in
stores by October (in time for the 2012 holiday shopping season). Such
an agreement would make Pentax miss that shopping season, and would
have them shipping in the Spring of 2013. (Unclear when they would be
free to announce it, however.) Other rumors stated that a new grip and
flash would be introduced along with a new FF kit lens that would
start at 28mm. Certainly a flurry of stuff all related to a new FF
camera could result in a lot of simultaneous press releases.

The two things that have the "ring of truth" to them (to me) are:
Sony requiring a 6 mo. lead time (and a full holiday shopping season
advantage) to themselves, before letting Pentax market the same
sensor.
"The World's Smallest Full Frame" (the purported tagline) sounds
exactly like something that would come from Pentax's lame marketing
department (or whoever they hire for that stuff).

The reason for no new leaks is partly because the accurate info has
been out there for quite a while. That would make more recent news
that the K-3 is a APS-C camera a deliberate misdirect (and I'm not
sure what good that does anybody other than make the roar bigger when
it turns out to be a FF)?

Just trying to think of all the possibilities.