The photos I looked at are terrible.  Apart from everything else, Luba's
posing is atrocious - there's not an interesting, seductive, exciting,
stimulating, or provocative pose in any of the images.  In many shots
she actually looks uncomfortable.  There's nothing "natural" about her
poses.  In most the backgrounds are distracting.  The ones on the bench
by the brick wall show her as being particularly uncomfortable.  Many of
the photos are not sharp  and seem to be focused poorly.  There's a
boring sameness to the ones that you shot from a low angle.  Too much
sky in those shots, too.  If I were your editor I'd suggest doing the
entire shoot over again, and get her to relax and relate to you and the
environment.  I get a sense of two people just going through the motions
... there doesn't seem to be any connection or relationship between the
two of you.  The shoot feels like it was done mechanically, without much
rapor and interaction.

Sorry Brendan, IMO these shots are pretty bad.

Brendan wrote:

> This is the little test shoot I did for the models
> redo, I'd like some
> advise and comments ( be brutal!! please ) I only used
> the MZ-3 and
> 50mm f1.7 film was kodak gold 200, AF500FTZ for fill
> flash and a 42"
> white and silver reflector. I will be using fuji NPC
> for the real
> shoot but it will be in the same location. I ran into
> 2 problems,
> kodak gold is not great for skin tones and the tiffen
> polarizer
> FLARES!!!! I tried a few back lit shots with the
> polarizer and I got
> lots of flare :-( . the photos lub1 thru 14 are what
> I'm showing her,
> I'll post the flare shots and shots ignored later
>
> the url is here
>
> http://webhome.idirect.com/~trini/model/luba
>
> She is quite happy tho :-)

Shel Belinkoff