First, get her into softer light.  Bright sun ruins photographs.  Softer
light may allow Luba to relax a bit more - it's a psychological thing.
Second, try shooting directly at her as opposed to shooting up.  Loose
the sky, get in a little closer with a longer lens. Try an 85mm - 105mm
or thereabouts.  Focus more accurately.  But, more than that, she's got
to relax a bit more.  Engage her in conversation.  Ask her what she'd
like to do.  Get to know a bit about her, and talk about the things that
make her happy/sad depending on how she wants to be portrayed and the
intent of the photos.  IOW, interact with her while you're photographing
her.

Get her into more interesting places, places that can contribute to the
picture and enhance or contribute to the mood.  And burn some film,
baby.  You don't need to feel restricted by limitations of any kind.  Do
you have a second or a third body?  If so, use 'em, so when one roll is
used up you just reach for the next camera and maintain the flow.
There's often a rhythm that develops when working with people.  It's
good to maintain it if you've got one going.

Shooting people often involves three stages.  There's building to a
climax ... stuff that goes on that leads up to a peak of action or
emotion.  Those may not be the best shots, but you've got to keep
shooting, as you'll start to feel the rhythm.  Then there's a climax.  A
peak to the emotion.  You've got to be ready for that.  And then there's
the come down, when things start to become more subdued.  There are
sometimes good shots to be had there, too.

When you've run the cycle, take a walk to another location.  Talk ...
not just about the photographs, but of other subjects.  Get her to start
opening up again, but to other possibilities.  Make things relaxed and
easy.  Start looking for more build up of emotion and energy.  Think
about when to photograph and when not to, but always keep the camera
ready.  Always be sure there's film in all the cameras.  If you've only
got a few exposures left, change to a fresh roll.  You don't want to be
caught without film when the action is moving towards a peak.

Make it simple.  If you can, shoot with identical bodies, or at least
very similar bodies, so thinking about the camera is not a part of what
you're doing.

If you're in the right kind of light you don't need distracting elements
like flash and reflectors.  KISS ... Keep It Simple, Stupid ... always
remember that acronym... Photographing people is not about equipment,
it's about people, their heart and their soul.  As the photographer it's
your job to get Luba to relax and open up, help  her with directions and
ask for her input.

Do these things and you will come away with some great, natural looking,
photographs.  She shouldn't be trying to pose as a glamour model.  She
isn't one and she's clearly not experienced at it.  Your photos showed
her trying to do that, and they came across as strained and phony.  She
should be more natural - she's got a natural beauty that can be used to
her advantage.  Work with her smile.  She's got a nice one ... forget
about her navel.

HTH,

--
Shel Belinkoff