On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 1:59 PM, Miserere <miser...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Handled an iPhone 5 yesterday. My HTC Android screen is larger, it
> does everything the iPhone does, and I've had no problems with it.
> Android also has a larger selection of free apps, which I appreciate.
>
> I just don't understand the fascination with the iPhone; at best it's
> equal to the average Android phone.

A lot of it is the more-or-less plug'n'play infrastructure/ecosystem.
Pretty sure the Android ecosystem isn't as extensive. (Is there a
music store?)

Some of it is the customer service. More than one person has told they
took their drowned iPhone to the Apple store, the tech looked-up their
record, found they were a loyal Apple customer, swapped the phone for
a new one and said "there you go. Have a nice day."

The actual hardware is rather secondary to busy people who just want
their thingy to work all the time, no hassles.

Note I'm not an iPhone owner; I just have a craptastic phone on a
prepaid plan. But I have an iPod Touch, it works really well, and I
admire the Apple juggernaut for what it is. I'd be more likely to get
an Android phone simply because I can piggyback off the el-cheapo
prepaid plan by swapping SIMs. Can't do that as well with an iPhone.

--
-bmw