No, you had it right Eric. Boris asked how he could convert PEF to DNG. I can'
t imagine why anyone would want to go the other way.

And Boris, in answer to the other part of your question, the DNG format is
standard across the board and is your best bet for continued supports. Some
scanning software, including Vuescan, even supports DNG.

Paul