From: Bruce Walker
"I should have kept the PEF files." -- said by no-one, ever. :-)

I do what Alastair does. I've shot raws since 2007 and I've tossed out
all the PEFs, keeping only the converted DNGs (some 37,000 of them).

DNG is essentially a superset of PEF and they are both lossless
formats. DNG has wide industry support, and is a de facto standard.
PEF is unique to Pentax and Pentax supports both.

What about shooting with DNG as your raw format instead of PEF? Pros & Cons?