You're talking about doubling your disk usage. Disk space is cheap,
but not *that* cheap. Especially if you're talking about K-5 files
which are 2-3 times larger than the K20 files that I'm used to.

I keep lots of rendered JPEGs at various sizes. But these are all
quite small and I don't have JPEGs for all my images, just those I
post -- maybe 1%.

--
-bmw