In a message dated 12/20/2012 8:47:13 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
jdavi...@yahoo.com writes:
I get the same quite feeling in a Redwood grove.  The forest floor tends to
be somewhat moist and covered, at least partially,  with pine needles which
soften the sound of your footsteps. Can almost hear an  echo if you speak
above a whisper.

Peaceful places. This successfully conveys that feeling.

Jack
Thanks, Jack. That feeling is what I was going for. :-)  Thought about it
after I posted it, and sound does usually seems muffled in the  redwoods.

In a message dated 12/20/2012 8:01:10 A.M. Pacific Standard  Time,