On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 6:05 PM, steve harley <p...@paper-ape.com> wrote:
> on 2013-01-02 14:22 Larry Colen wrote
>
>> As I understand it, I guess that some people have a problem with posting a
>> plain URL in the email:
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/8339725404/
>

> it depends on the URL, and the sender, as well as the recipient; your
> example is too easy — long URLs or those with certain punctuation may be
> more problematic [...]

Just for the record, Flickr URLs have been problematic for Gmail
users, because Gmail sometimes interprets the numbers at the end as a
phone number, and tries to make that portion a link to dial the
number, instead of making an HTTP link from the whole URL.

(It didn't happen to me for the particular URL above, but I have seen
it on other, similar Flickr links.)