On 2/7/2013 10:23 AM, John Sessoms wrote:
From: Joseph McAllister

From: "Bob W"
[...]

To be fair to the crony, this sort of thing happens even to experienced competent photographers who, for example, might mistake their K-7 for a K-5, leading them in-the-moment to mis-diagnose limitations on low-ISO
settings.

stan

Similar things used to happen in the film days. Like "I seem to have more
than forty frames on this roll of ...ah damn!"

Been there, done THAT!

I'm sure we all have done the same thing in the digital age. Shoot
the first 5 or 10 or 20 frames (are they still frames?) then go to
chimp only to see the single line of white text that you hope no one
else saw "No Card in the Camera". Pray that no one asks for a print
of that "great shot you took of my family at the game".

AFAIK, none of my Pentax DSLRs will allow shutter activation without a card in the camera. Plus, I find it easiest to keep a card in the camera all the time. Take one card out, put another card in, format it so it's ready for use.

And since I usually check the histogram on the first shot in any series, it rarely takes me more than one or two frames to figure out if I'm screwing something else up. Sometimes it's a puzzle just how I'm screwing up, but I almost always know that something is not right by the first frame.

Most times it's the Mode dial on the left has been bumped from my preferred AV setting to TAV and I haven't got the exposure I want.

There's a custom setting to allow shutter release without a card in the camera.

--
Buy a Leica to get the full “Leica Experience”, (a quick reduction of funds in
the bank account).