Outside of the downtown store..
I don't shop at any of the outlying Henry's stores for a few reasons:

1) I know staff in the downtown store and trust only 2 of them to give me
honest answers and decent discounts
2) The staff in outlying stores only THINK they know something.. they're
mainly just sales folk
3) The downtown store is so close to Downtown camera, I can take 5 minutes
to compare prices and figure out which store I want to deal with (if I buy
something retail)

Example:  Last summer, I was looking to snag a hand held meter.  With
Aaron's suggestion in hand (The Sekonic L308-B) I went into Henry's and was
told the price of approx $450.  I walked over to Downtown camera and got the
same meter for $290.

Example II: This February, I was shopping for a film scanner.  Walked into
Henry's after doing my research and asked about the Minolta Scan Elite II.
Was told that my price would be $1089.00.  Walked over to Downtown Camera
and was told the price of $1179.00.  Bought it at Henry's.

it also helps that I work downtown and about 10 min from either store :)

But if I had received that service from Henry's, I'd be doing the same thing
you are.

Cheers,
Dave