-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Aaron Reynolds
Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2002 9:59 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Pentax SP1000 battery

On Friday, March 22, 2002, at 10:17  PM, David Brooks wrote:

> Hummmmm.The manager at Henrys Newmarket last
> year ,when i went in looking for M42 lenses and
> Spotty batteries,flat out told me screw
> mounts/and batteries were non existent in the
> GTA and no camera store would carry them as now
> one wanted them.

Brilliant!  Tell the customer who is trying to buy one that "no one
wants those".  HAR!  I would have said, angrily, "Are you telling me
that I'm no one?  That I'm nobody?  That your store has no use for me or
my money?  That I shouldn't even bother talking to you about the other
dozen things I'd like to buy today because I'm inferior to you?"

I told a sales drone at Vistek something like that, when I called to
inquire about a Limited lens price and he said, "Pentax?  Who uses that
junk?"  I asked him to look up my account, as I had spent $10,000 there
the week before (computer/monitor/scanners), and then asked to speak to
someone else, so that I could avoid giving him even a single cent in
commission.

-Aaron