From: Bill

On 23/02/2013 10:46 AM, Bruce Walker wrote:
Ouch indeed! Sorry to hear it.

I've never mis-hit the green button, but I've been screwed by
e-dial-creep on multiple occasions. While in the heat of shooting, I
nudge one or other of the e-dials so either the aperture or shutter
drifts away. The shutter usually doesn't cause hassles: I set it to
1/160th, but 1/125th is safe. But the aperture changing is a killer.

I've also knocked the mode from M to Av, TAv or other -- always really
bad! I'm looking forward to getting a K-5 model some day just to
eliminate that possibility.

For studio shooting, I wish there was a way to lock out all the
settings buttons and dials after configuring them.

It would be smart if one of the user functions was a locked manual mode.
I've had a couple of occasions where I've accidentally bumped a dial and
changed a setting I didn't want changed. I tape the dials now so that I
can't accidentally change settings if I know I don't want them changed.
bill

I know that there are some cameras where you have to lift the mode dial
slightly or hold down a release button before you can turn it to change the settings. On the LX you had to hold down a button while you turned the dial to change the exposure compensation (dial in the same location).

It wouldn't be that difficult for Pentax to include that kind of an interlock on their next camera. Preventing e-dial creep would be a bit more of a problem.