I think a simple lock would just be sufficient. Like that hold a
button down and the settings lock. Hold it down again and you can
twiddle away. Far more elegant than green tape. :)

You know for as much as I use the RAW button (which is never really),
this would be simple to assign a locking feature. Wouldn't that be
useful? Or jam the ISO and EV buttons together? Problem is that there
is no way of displaying the status of the lock in the viewfinder or
top LCD other than not being able to change settings.