on 2013-03-07 3:41 Joseph McAllister wrote
and b: they can now raise my rates taking my 2008 loss into consideration.

and be aware it can be worse; i had two small incidents in my home in Minneapolis; a bike stolen and a cabinet fell off the wall; State Farm homeowners policy paid up fine

when i bought a new house about 9-12 months later, i got a quote from State Farm and a few others, decided to go with American Family, and about a month _after_ moving in American Family sent a letter saying they couldn't insure me after all because of my previous losses (loss history info is shared with all insurance companies)

went back to State Farm, and they both raised their quote and raised the deductible (from $500 to $1000); i wasn't thrilled with State Farm, but i am still with them; i will never do business with American Family again