On Fri, Mar 29, 2013, George Sinos wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 11:54 AM, George Sinos <gsi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I need a little feedback on this one. I'm not sure it's worth pursuing.
>>
>> <http://www.georgesphotos.net/Other/Misc-private/1804874_X84PMn#!i=2431403562&k=nbGb2Bd&lb=1&s=A>
>>
>> The lock on my mailbox broke and had to be replaced.  It struck me as
>> something that could be used as an example of a broken pattern.
>
> OK - here's a rectangular crop of the same shot.  I think I like it better.
>
> <http://www.georgesphotos.net/Other/Misc-private/1804874_X84PMn#!i=2431418841&k=phzsQCw&lb=1&s=A>

That's definitely worse IMO because the edge crosses the locks, might
work better if you widen the crop.

Overall, particularly with the shininess of lock 3, I find it difficult
to see what you're looking at even with the description, it's too subtle
for the effect I think you're trying to achieve.
--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                        http://rule6.info/