Speaking of education, (trying to segue back closer to on-topic),  I and 200±
others spent the day sitting in very uncomfortable chairs in a poorly
ventilated room, drinking conference-hotel coffee while listening to a series
of presentations on how to do nature photography. I really hate conference
hotel chairs, coffee, sound systems, ventilation, etc.,(as well as my hatred
for drivers who don't understand roundabouts, a feeling I know I share with
Dave and Cotty) but despite that it was time well spent and I came away with
some food for thought. Also frustration. I would really like to play with a
tilt-shift lens, I would like to have auto-coupled extension tubes, and I would
like AF1.4 and 2.0 tele-extenders of a quality consistent with my lenses. Given
that I am not going to switch to a different system, I can't do much about any
of those items. But I can revisit the functionality I do have available such as
rear-button focusing, use of LV as a focusing aid, more attention to histograms
in setting exposure, etc.

Even if, like me, you already know everything, you may well find it worthwhile
to spend a day listening to an accomplished craftsman talk about his way of
doing things.

stan