Hey, we have drifted - we are now on the topic of schools & ......
Hope you folks won't be upset if I quote what some guys told me here.
That the Public School boys need a calculator to add 10 + 5. Here is a video:-
http://www.glennbeck.com/2012/02/03/sad-video-high-school-students-cant-answer-basic-questions/
No wonder Chinese students excel in the US.
And I studied, trained and worked in the US, and I am not dumb, am I
PDMLer Friends? So there must be something good going here in our
schools, as I retired as an Advisor  from one of the largest
conglomerates in the world.
Friends, things are not as bad as we think with the schooling /
university system. Just bring back all the industries farmed out to
China - & with it all the basic mental and motor skills will return to
America.
I say this after working with (3) of the biggest automobile
manufacturers, and attending hundreds of interviews to recruit
Graduate Trainees.
Regards.
Bipin - from that far away enchanting land.