To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Sunday, April 07, 2013 9:08 PM
Subject: Photo Workshop (Was Re: Posting photos of street art can get youarrested)

Speaking of education, (trying to segue back closer to on-topic), I and 200± others spent the day sitting in >very uncomfortable chairs in a poorly ventilated room, drinking conference-hotel coffee while listening to a >series of presentations on how to do nature photography. I really hate conference hotel chairs, coffee, sound >systems, ventilation, etc.,(as well as my hatred for drivers who don't understand roundabouts, a feeling I know >I share with Dave and Cotty) but despite that it was time well spent and I came away with some food for >thought. Also frustration. I would really like to play with a tilt-shift lens, I would like to have auto-coupled >extension tubes, and I would like AF1.4 and 2.0 tele-extenders of a quality consistent with my lenses. Given >that I am not going to switch to a different system, I can't do much about any of those items. But I can >revisit the functionality I do have available such as rear-button focusing, use of LV as a focusing aid, more >attention to histograms in setting exposure, etc.

Even if, like me, you already know everything, you may well find it worthwhile to spend a day listening to an >accomplished craftsman talk about his way of doing things.

stan