The scratches appear after when you try and use the
enlarger to make 8x10 prints and fubble around in the
red darkness. The black and white negs look like well
black and white I guess just dark areas you orignially
saw in person are lighter and lighter ones dark ( I
guess ). I'm very surprised at how much detail these
little negs have to.