On 22 Mar 2002 at 15:52, Chris Murray wrote:

> I guess it depends on what the pockets can afford :) I am going to try to
> process some of my first b&w negs (Tmax 100) this weekend, I have to get a
> tank, reel, and chem. I have a thermometer, I think that is all i need.

Scissors, neg sleeves, a bottle opener and a film extractor are useful. You'll need
storage bottles and measuring cups.

Maybe a changing bag too.

Somewhere and some way to hang and dry the film.

> The lens lengths confused me, I saw a lot of 50mm so I assumed those were
> the "Standard" to start with. I am not sure how they relate to the
> printing process.

50mm is the standard for 35mm. The typical recommended 1st lens is a used Nikkor
50/2.8, and it's fine.

Once you get anal you can shop around for a Schneider or Rodenstock.

;)

tv